21.11.2005

20 Years with Windows - Happy Bday M$

I just read an Article about Windows 1.0:
200$ for Windows 1.0
400$ for a mouse wich was needed for the GUI
At least 5MB. So you had to buy a HDD for 1150$
----------
1650$ for an OS wich had more bugs as my garden!

Im not the typical "Windows is shit" guy. - > I like Windows!
And i never had Problems with it! In Windows 95/98 days it was all about good configuration. Im sure that my Windows 98 was more stable than other ones Windows 2000!

My OS Timelime:
MS DOS -> Windows 3.1 -> MS DOS again:) -> Windows 95 -> Windows 98 -> Windows XP

In the last weeks i finally had a reason for installing Linux (Distribution: Ubuntu).
I never thought I would say that: but i love the console!:)
The only thing that suxx is how much different ways exists to make one action! I dont want to have 100 commands just for seeing whats in a directory. Every readme/manual wants another way for creating or installing something -> sometimes its confusing me...
But anyway i have a couple of Applications running on Ubuntu - one is a Counter-Strike Server. From time to time Its public too! So if you want, just check it out: 217.237.190.116:27015

Im going to host a public natural-selection too! So stay tuned!